Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 3 Free Post: PLP think outloud post

Via Flckr

"People wish to learn to swim and at the same time to keep one foot on the ground."
- Marcel Proust


For MAC this month we have to decide on the platform we wish to use to share our CBR project that we have been working on. With the Publishing/Leaders Project (PLP), we can either present through an actual conference presentation or choose to have an article published through a scholarly journal.

I am still up in the air with which way I want to go with this whole thing but my initial feelings are leaning towards publishing via a journal. Written publications of your work have been something I always admired and for some reason thought I’d never to do, writing (grammatically speaking) being a weakness of mine. Thus, that option would be a challenge but a welcomed one.

On the other hand, presenting seems like an exciting endeavor as well. Although, as much as I actually enjoy putting together presentations, oddly enough, the shyness factor is what scares me about presenting. Barely getting through speech class, I know I have a long way to go before I can see myself effective getting a message across as a presenter at a conference. I would love it to be something that comes natural to me but fear the message would get lost in embarrassing situation.

Well…I have a few more days to decide, we’ll see.

1 comment: